The Education Department offers one, two, and three day courses in communities across the country. All courses are facilitated by trained 十博官网在线 members (Discussion Leaders or "DLs").
These classes are designed specifically to bring education to members close to where they live and work, right in their communities. This makes it easier for members to attend and reduces costs for local unions.
Area Schools operate on a 50/50 cost share, however, travel outside of a members home community is not covered by the National Area School Program. We understand that special circumstances arise. In this case, a Local President can reach out to the department, in advance to registration for pre-approval. Please carefully read the Fall/Winter 2023 Guidelines for Local Union Reimbursement for Area Schools & Online Education for all financial details.
In-Person Area School Fall/Winter 2023 Schedule
The Fall/Winter 2023 Area School can be found here:
Registration for each location will be on a first come first serve basis with a minimum of 15 members and a maximum of 24 members per course.
Area School Local Union Requests
- We operate by Local Union Request (LUR) on a first come first serve basis with 6-8 weeks notice
- 15 participants minimum, 24 participants maximum, per class
- Full list of participants (registration) is required seven days prior to the class. An excel sheet is provided by us for this purpose
- Course Descriptions & Duration can be found here.
- Local unions please contact us with the request form completed to set a course up (@email)
- Download "Fall/Winter 2023 Guidelines for Local Union Reimbursement for Area Schools & Online Education". This explains the reimbursement process in detail and what is needed to get the 50/50 reimbursement.
- We are always happy to work with locals to deal with all needs to provide your members education. Please just reach out.
Email : @email